Grades 8 - 9
The following subjects are offered in Grades 8 and 9:
- First additional language: isiXhosa or Afrikaans or French
- Second additional language: French or Mandarin or Music or isiXhosa or Latin or Classical Civilisations
- EDAD, (EMS, Music, Drama, Art, and Dance)
- Design & Food Technology
- Natural Sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Biology)
- Religious Education
- Life Orientation
- Research Resources
Grade 9 Subject Choices for Gr 10-12
Please click on the link to access information on each subject offered to matric as well as the subject packages Subject Choices.
Girls must study English in Option 1, an Additional Language in Option 2, Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy in Option 3, and Life Orientation in Option 7. Pupils choose one subject from each of Options 4, 5 and 6.
- Option 1 – English
- Option 2 – Afrikaans (Home Language or First Additional Language) or isiXhosa (First Additional Language) Students who have ‘immigrant’ status can select French (Second Additional Language) or Mandarin (Second Additional Language) or Computer Applications Technology or Business Studies
- Option 3 – Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy
- Option 4 – Design or Dramatic Arts or Geography or Information Technology or Life Sciences or Music or Mandarin (Second Additional Language – by arrangement only)
- Option 5 – Business Studies or Geography or History or Physical Sciences
- Option 6 – Accounting or History or Life Sciences or Visual Arts
- Option 7 – Life Orientation
Further Studies (formerly ap)
Further Studies Mathematics and Further Studies English are offered as extra subjects.